Regional Plans and Current Implementation Projects
Flint Hills Economic Development District & Plan
With the Flint Hills Economic Development District regional designation, the region has access to millions of dollars to support the Flint Hills.
Flint Hills Economic Development District = Chase, Geary, Lyon, Morris, Pottawatomie, Riley, and Wabaunsee Counties
Supporting Our Region's Largest Economic Generator: Fort Riley & Surrounding Communities
- Joint Land Use Study Update 2017
- Junction City Housing Assessment
- Military Installation Resiliency
- Green Valley Transportation Study
- Smokey Hill Unmanned Aircraft
Supporting Redevelopment Opportunities
- Pottawatomie Courthouse Reuse Plan 2022
- Junction City & Manhattan Area Plans / Individual Property Owner Environmental Assessments
Community Development Block Grants
The FHRC assists in obtaining funds for projects through the Small Cities CDBG Program. The Kansas Department of Commerce distributes CDBG federal funds to Kansas cities and counties in four primary categories: Annual Competitive Grants, Economic Development Grants, Commercial Rehabilitation Grants, Urgent Need Grants, and Housing Grants.